It isn’t a secret that the Serbs love to party. There is a variety of festivals in Serbia during the year.
A large number of musical, cultural, gastronomic events take place in Serbia. During the spring and summer months, it will be hard to find days in any of big towns of Serbia without at least one festival.
Festivals occur everywhere in Serbia. Some are of a new date but most are traditional with a long tradition. No matter which one you choose to take part in, it’s the best way to know the tradition and spirit of the Serbian people.
Here are from north to south of Serbia, some of the most popular festivals:
six top festivals in Serbia
Table of Contents
Belgrade Beer Fest
Beer Fest is the principal festival which takes place in Belgrade during the summer months.
Since 2003 this fest has become the biggest beer festival in Serbia.
According to reliable World’s Top 10 Beer festival, Belgrade beer fest occupies one of the first places among top beer festivals like Savor, Washington DC or Octoberfest, Munich.
This year (2020) from August 12 to 16, lovers of good beer and even better music can enjoy the sound of a guitar and and sample more than 90 brands of beer.
The fest takes place at large Usce Park (one of the largest Belgrade parks). It’s a wide waterfront in the vicinity of the confluence of the Sava and Danube rivers. It’s Belgrade’s second park, larger than Kalemegdan.
- Where – Usce Park. bg-beer-fest-map
- When – Wed, 12 Aug 2020 – Sun, 16 Aug 2020.
- Opening time – 6 PM – 01 AM
- Nota Bene – You must be an adult to attend this event.
- Number of stages – The four stages, the main stage, the alternative stage, the groove and the rebellious stage
- The biggest names from the international, regional, and domestic scene (Simple Minds, Rudimental, CeeLo Green, Stereo MC’s, Marky Ramones, Blitzkrieg Roisin Murphy, The Stranglers etc).
Exit Novi Sad Festival
In 2020, Exit festival will celebrate its 20th anniversary. Founded in 2000 in Novi Sad, Serbia as a student movement, fighting for democracy and freedom in Serbia and the Balkans, it has become one of the best European musical festival.
- Date of event – Four days, from July 9 to 12 July 2020.
- Location of event – inside Petrovaradin fortress, Novi Sad, Serbia.
- Kind of festival – domestic and international music festival.
- Music genre – Rock, Techno, Electronic dance music, Metal, Hip hop, Reggae, Punk, Drum and Bass.
- Established – 2000
- Number of participants – more than two hundred thousand.
- Coordinates – Google map.
- Official Website – Exit Fest.
Where to stay near Exit Festival - July 09 to 12 2020
Novi Sad is 80 km north from Belgrade and 90 km from Belgrade ‘Nikola Tesla’ airport.
The best way to get from the airport to the festival site is by Airport Transfer, available as part of your Festicket package.
Arsenal Fest is another musical festival, taking place in Kragujevac from June 24 to 27 2020. The city of Kragujevac is situated in the very heart of Serbia, Sumadija province.
The name Arsenal has a very specific meaning. The main fest stage is located in the Duke’s Arsenal, a fantastic outdoor space inside a former 19th-century ammunition factory.
The second fest stage ‘Garden Stage’ resides in the tree-covered ‘Zastava Gardens’, once the famous car industry.
- Date of Event – June 24 to 27 2020.
- Location: Knezev Arsenal, Trg Topolivaca bb, Kragujevac.
- Festival type: Openair music festival.
- Established: since 2011.
- Number of participants: over 10.000.
- Music genre: rock, pop, punk, metal, hip hop, alternative, reggae, techno, electro.
- Coordinates: Google Map.
- Official Website: Arsenal Fest.
Where to stay near Arsenal Fest - June 24 to 27 2020
Kragujevac is town located in central Serbia, 140 km south of Belgrade. Get to know more about Kragujevac!
The best way to get from Belgrade to Kragujevac is by bus which takes 2h 5m and costs RSD 1100 – RSD 1400. Alternatively, you can travel by train, which costs RSD 440 – RSD 850 and takes 3h 51m.
Guca trumpet festival
Guca trumpet festival is the oldest music festival in Serbia. It has been held for 60 years without interruption. In 2020 will be held from 3rd August up to 9th August (from Monday up to Sunday evening).
For decades Serbian trumpet is attracting a lot of attention from large variety of audience from all over the world.
In the era of the Internet, electronic music and social networks, many thought that the Guca festival would disappear. (because everything was recorded, shared, twitted, blogged.)
Fortunately, true music lovers have already realized that ‘live` felling cannot be substituted with some electronic device or pre-recorded staffs.
Taking part in this festival, means to experience the tradition and culture of Serbia. That is why this is not just a music festival. Guca is more than anything you can experience.
Guca Trumpet Festival accommodation
Guča is a small town located in the Lučani municipality, Moravica District. It has a population of 3,710 inhabitants. Check where is Guča on Google Map!
Nisville Jazz Festival in Serbia
The International Nisville Jazz Festival is the most visited jazz festival in Southeast Europe, since its establishment in 1995.
From the beginning, Nisville Jazz Festival consistently defend the European values of multiculturalism.
- Date of event – from 07. to 16. August 2020.
- Location – In Nis, Serbia
- Festival Type – international Jazz festival.
- Established – since 1995.
- Coordinates – Google Map.
- Number of stages – it will be 20 stages.
- Number of visitors – more than 500,000 visitors.
- Who plays at the Nisville Jazz Festival 2020? – Vocal Sampling, Julian Marley, Charlie Hunter and Lucy Woodward and many others.
- Where to buy tickets – You can buy tickets in advance HERE!
- Official website – Nisville.
Nisville Jazz Fest Accommodation from 07. to 16. August 2020
Niš is the third largest city in Serbia and the administrative center of the Nišava District. It’s located 240 km south of Belgrade and 160 km from Sofia(Bulgaria)
By bus or by car along the modern highway from Belgrade to Nis. Nis has good connections by plane. Ryanair flies to Nis from these European cities, Bratislava – Nis, Milan – Nis, Berlin – Nis, Malta – Nis and Stockholm – Nis. Prices are really very convenient, typical for this carrier. Read more!
Lovefest Music festival in Serbia
Lovefest is a unique cultural stage from Vrnjacka Banja, Serbia. It aims to promote music, art and urban culture of youth.
Founded in 2007 as a Love Bridge party, has become year after year, one of the hottest music events in central Serbia.
In 2020 from August 06 to 08 will host performers from more than 25 countries around the world. Tens of thousands of visitors from all over Europe, will take part in this festival.
Among the renowned names in 2019 like Marco Carola, Joseph Capriati, The Martinez Brothers, Richie Hawtin, Jamie Jones, took part at the festival.
- Date of event – from August 06 to 08 2020.
- Location – City Park Lake, Vrnjačka Banja, Serbia.
- Festival Type – International Music Festival.
- Music Genre – Electronic dance music, rock, hip hop.
- Established – since 2007.
- Number of visitors – tens of thousands.
- Coordinates – Google Map.
- Where to buy tickets – visit Lovefest official website.
Where to stay during Lovefest?
Vrnjačka Banja is a town and municipality located in the Raška District of central Serbia. It’s 200 km from Belgrade taking A2 road.
The cheapest way to get from Belgrade to Vrnjačka Banja is to bus which costs RSD 800 – RSD 2100 and takes 3,30 hours. The quickest way to get from Belgrade to Vrnjačka Banja is to taxi which costs RSD 14000 – RSD 17000.