Belgrade tours will be a great way to experience Serbia’s capital. But equally important, it will be to pick out the right one. On the contrary, the wrong one can be waste of time and money.
When deciding on which tour to book, keep in mind that tours vary in duration. For example, a short tour of couple of hours usually emphasize only a part of Belgrade. On the other hand, full day tour usually covers different parts of a region.
In order to choose the right trip length everything will depend upon the number of days you’ve planned. Visiting Belgrade in one day it won’t give you so much choice. As a result, you can opt on 2 to 3 hours Belgrade welcome tour or a free city center tour.
In case you are flying via Belgrade Nikola Tesla airport, it can be very boring if you have long layovers between flights. For that reason how to make the most of it? If you have more than three hours, take Belgrade layover tour by private air-conditioned vehicle.
Recommended Belgrade tours
If you are in doubt how to plan a trip on your own, here are some suggestions. For this purpose, check before you go, what are the most important Belgrade attractions. In other words, it will help you find something to fit your interests.
Generally, if you want to follow your own schedule, a shorter tour might be better for you. If you are in Belgrade just for a day, choose a half-day tour to get to know the key points of the city. Here are some recommended tours how to spend 1 day in Belgrade:
Start your day with Belgrade Kalemegdan Fortress tour. Enjoy the splendid view of confluence of the Danube and Sava rivers. This place has a rich history, therefore go for a guided tour. It’s a key place in Belgrade. Here are different tours including this fortress and park:
- If you’re short on time, than start with cheap Belgrade old city 3 hours walking tour.
- Discover Belgrade’s fortress subterranean secrets on a 2.5-hour walking tour by an expert local guide.
- Join to free Belgrade old city tour – Look for the guide with ORANGE umbrella.
- If you decide to take only one tour in Belgrade than, the ‘Big Tour’ offers a complete itinerary packed with all the highlights of the Serbian capital. It also includes neighborhoods of Zemun, Dedinje, and Avala.
After you have known Belgrade’s past, it’s time to move to modern times. In the afternoon you can visit some city neighborhood that offers insights into the local culture. Browse some colorful streets of Savamala and old Dorcol neighborhoods. Take a short walk on your own or on one of guided tours.
Belgrade gets alive at night. Belgrade’s underground nightlife scene is booming throughout the year. Read this DJ Tijana’s nightlife report. As soon as night falls, Belgrade nightlife becomes famous all over the world.
Visit numerous clubs for a vibrant night out. In the summer party boats and riverside clubs along the river, are the right place for a night full of life. Take part on one of many Belgrade night tours.
- The best way to experience Belgrade after hours is Bar/Pub/Club Tour. Be ready for the hottest spots in the town and get in touch with other fun-seeking travellers and locals.
- Do you like beer? Than, take local craft beer tasting tour in Belgrade. Discover great brand tasting beer on a relaxed afternoon or evening tour.
- Traditional Serbian drink Rakija tasting night tour – it should be on your must things to do list when you are in Serbia.
- Do you know what’s the food like in Belgrade? With this in mind, book Taste Belgrade a private insider walking tour. Enjoy an 8-course lunch at one of the city’s top restaurants. Visit one of traditional Belgrade open markets, coffee house, and bakery with your private guide.
belgrade tours by length of your stay
One day tours from belgrade
In case you’re planning a longer stay in Belgrade, including some destination in Serbia, certainly a shorter one day tour might be better for you. In particular, these tours could work well for places that are a little harder to get to on your own.
But, on the other hand these destinations are important to get an inside look of their historical importance. Let’s see some of most attractive one day tours:
Discover the sumptuous landscapes and rich cultural heritage of Northern Serbia on a full-day tour of the Vojvodina. Sample local specialties including Bermet wine and Kuglof cakes. Explore the 16th-century Petrovaradin Fortress and take in the views from the clock tower.
Travel along the Danube from Belgrade to Iron Gates to see the most famous sights of the area. Visit famous Golubac Fortress, Lepenski Vir museum with oldest Mesolithic sculptures in Europe. Enjoy the unique atmosphere of Eastern Serbia, and taste the traditional food of the area.
Discover the medieval monasteries and natural wonders of Eastern Serbia. Admire the 14th-century architecture and stunning frescoes of Ravanica monastery, visit the 15th-century Manasija monastery, then explore the ancient Resava cave. Learn about ‘Serbian Medieval Kingdom’
Visit Budapest for a full-day tour from Belgrade. Travel comfortably from your Belgrade hotel in a private vehicle to Budapest and meet your guide. Explore city’s main sights, including Buda Castle, St. Stephen's Basilica, the Chain Bridge, and Heroes Square.
Belgrade outdoor Tours
During the spring and particularly in summer period, Belgraders move on the banks of Sava and Danube rivers. In contrast to a rainy autumn and a cold winter, this is the period for outdoor activities.
Everyone has different physical abilities. Not all are in great form and there are people that hate outdoor activities. On the other hand, if you are active person, Belgrade offers different activities. Choose the right tour based on your physical abilities and the sort of activities you enjoy.
- Belgrade on bike – If you hate the crowded public transit, take a guided bike tour around Belgrade. Tour covers most city’s attractions including both river’s banks. But best of all, enjoy a picturesque ride along the Danube all the way to romantic Zemun neighborhood.
- Ada Ciganlija Lake Tour – When the summer heat becomes unbearable in Belgrade, the only solution is to escape to Ada Lake. Relax and enjoy E-Scooter ride through beautiful nature and bring your swimsuit to experience Ada Lake. Take a drink in of many bars, take a swim in refreshing lake water. will make you to enjoy hot summer day. At the end, you’ll fell in love with Belgrade hot summer days.
- E – Scooter Zemun Tour – Zemun town and its river quay have a different atmosphere then the Belgrade city center. Take this relaxing E-Scooter ride to experience local life in Zemun. This ride will make you feel like being on the sea.
- E – Scooter New Belgrade – You will see New Belgrade, true contrast of communist and modern architecture on most fun and comfortable way. You’ll see all hidden gems of New Belgrade without sweat and haste.
- Belgrade Bike Rental – Would you like to rent a bake (or e-bike) on your own? No problem, you can hire ons starting for only of few hundreds Dinars. Electric bikes are particularly popular among tourists interested in the city sightseeing. Due to their capacity of 100 km, you’ll see more than you expect.